Ed Gaughan Selected as 2016 Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chair
Shamrock Club 2016 President and First Lady – Ed & Alice Gaughan
- The Dublin Irish Festival is pleased to announce the selection of long-time Irish Festival supporter, Ed Gaughan, as its 2016 Honorary Chair.
- Selected by former Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, Mayor Michael Keenan and City Manager Dana McDaniel, Gaughan was chosen as Honorary Chair in recognition of his support of the Dublin Irish Festival and the local Irish community.
- In this role, Gaughan will preside over festivities surrounding the 29th annual Dublin Irish Festival Aug. 5, 6 & 7, 2016. He will also serve as the ambassador and spokesperson of the Festival year-round.
- In addition, other official roles include starting the IGS Energy 5K and Kids Fun Run/Walk at the Dub Crawl on Thursday, Aug. 4, opening the Festival during the Honorary Chair Reception on Friday, Aug. 5 and during the Festival Finale on Sunday, Aug. 7. Gaughan will also have the honor of throwing the first dart in the annual Dart Competition, in addition to judging several Irish contests. He’ll also throw out the ceremonial first-pitch during the 5th Annual Irish Heritage Night with the Columbus Clippers and ride the Zamboni at the 2nd Annual Irish Heritage Night with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- For more than ten years, Ed Gaughan has supported the Dublin Irish Festival as a loyal event attendee and through involvement in the Festival’s Sharing o’ Green program. In addition, Ed has been a steadfast member of the Festival’s three VIP Clubs: The Emerald Club, The Celtic Rock Club, and the Dub Club.
- An entrepreneur for more than twenty years, Gaughan owns businesses in the restaurant, pub and real estate markets. He also serves as President of his company, The County Mayo Corporation, a consulting and marketing company founded in 1994.
- Gaughan is actively involved in the Irish community where he currently serves as President of the Shamrock Club of Columbus, the largest Irish organization in Central Ohio. In addition, Gaughan is passionately involved in the following groups: Clann na nGael, Ancient Order of Hibernians, The Columbus Feis, and the Regan/Rankin Academy of Irish Dance. Ed and his wife, Alice, reside in Columbus and have two daughters Abrielle (9) and Victoria (12), who has been active in Irish dance for more than seven years.
- Gaughan joins a prestigious group of past Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, including Denny Lynch of Wendy’s International (1997); Terry O’Connell of Time Warner Communications (1998); Terry Tindel, formerly with Verizon Wireless (1999); Mike Kelty of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (2000); Ron Geese of Continental Office Environments (2001); Don Hunter of Duke Realty Corporation (2002); Dave D’Antoni of Ashland, Inc (2003); Mike Kehoe of AT&T (2004); Tom Thon of ClearChannel Columbus Radio (2005); Cheryl Herbert of Dublin Methodist Hospital/OhioHealth (2006); Dan Sullivan of the Memorial Tournament (2007); John Fleming of Superior Beverage Group (2008); Frank Willson of WBNS 10TV (2009); Randy Hicks of Bob Evans (2010); Jim and Leslie Finn (2011); Scott White of IGS Energy (2012); and Frank Slavik of Tim Hortons (2013); Brian Ferrier of Giant Eagle, Inc. (2014); Pete Fingerhut of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (2015).
- For more information on the 2016 Dublin Irish Festival, visit dublinirishfestival.org.
“What a great opportunity to serve as the Honorary Chair of the 2016 Dublin Irish Festival. Having attended the Festival for more than ten years, I am honored to represent an event that highlights the rich cultural contributions of the Irish and that has such a positive impact on the City of Dublin and Central Ohio.”
Ed Gaughan, 2016 Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chair